West Bradford FC Men’s Senior Soccer Rules and Regulations
download as PDF
- This is a recreational league. Emotional and physical control and good sportsmanship are expected. All players participating in the West Bradford FC leagues agree to follow the league rules and decisions as set down by the Commissioner and Team Captains Committee.
- Only registered players can participate. All players must be forty (40) years old or be turning forty (40) during the season. Players must produce photo-id and proof of age before being allowed to play. Any team using an ineligible player will have all games played by that player declared 1-0 losses. Every player is required to sign the league registration and waiver before the start of the season. Players being registered after the start of the season only play with the approval of the Commissioner. The Rosters and copies of the Registration/ waiver paperwork must be filed with the Commissioner within two weeks of the star of the season. Team fees will be set by the Commissioner and all team fees must be submitted to the Treasurer within four (4) weeks of the start of the season. All players are entitled to a minimum average of a half game playing time during the season. Players can only play for one (1) team during a season. Players must play a minimum of two (2) regular season games to be eligible to participate in the play-offs.
- Teams will provide a minimum of one individual to participate in field work sessions as scheduled. Each Team is responsible for lining the field once during the season.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed at the field or in the parking lot. Violations could results in the league losing the use of the WBYA fields.
- Every effort will be made to advise Captains by email of game cancellations at least .one hour before the kick-off time. Captains must advise their teams accordingly. Cancellations will also be posted on the web-site as soon as possible.
If any games are cancelled, then the remaining games on that weekend, although
they may be played, will not count as regards to the league standings.
- Games will be held at 2.pm and 3.30 pm on Saturdays and at 12.30pm, 2.00pm and 3.30pm on Sundays, or at such other times as may be advised by the Commissioner. Game times will commence at the scheduled times, even if the teams are not ready.
- Games will be played with eleven (11). A team must have at least seven (7) players to begin and continue a game. If a team cannot field seven (7) players then that team will forfeit the game
3-0. In such event that team may borrow players from the opposition to play a “friendly” game.
- There is no limit to the number of substitutes. Substitutes are “on the fly” .The incoming player must enter the field at the half-way line and cannot touch the ball until the exiting player has left the field. The exiting player may leave the field at any part of the field.
- The Home team is listed first in the schedules and will supply the game ball. Players must wear their team shirts and should not wear shorts and socks of the same colors as the opposition and should also wear the same number jersey each week.
- Captains should report game results to email@example.com as soon as possible and not later then 10.00 am on the Monday following the weekend’s games. Captains must also report any red or yellow cards indicating the player name and number.
- League standings will be based on the following: Winner = 3 points; Tie = 1 point; Loss = 0 points. Forfeits will be scored
3-0. If required, standings will also be based on goal difference. No matter what the score in a game, goal difference will be maximum of three (3) goals per game. For seasons with playoffs, games ending in a tie will be decided by two 5 minute sudden death overtime periods (Golden Goal). If game is still tied after that overtime, then FIFA kicks from the mark will be used to decide the winner.
- Teams that are no-shows for play-off games will be penalized through points deductions, as agreed by the Captains Committee, applicable in the season following such play-offs
- Games will be played in accordance with FIFA laws (except as detailed herein). The Referees’ decision is final.
- Each half is forty (40) minutes with a ten (10) minute half time.
- Sliding tackles are prohibited (except for safe sliding tackles by goal keepers in their penalty area). The restart for a no-foul sliding tackle will be an indirect free-kick. The restart for a foul sliding tackle will be a direct free kick and further disciplinary action may be taken by the Referee. Overhead “bicycle” kicks are also prohibited, with the restart being an indirect fee kick.
- Foul and abusive language will not be tolerated. The Referee may issue a Yellow Card or a Red Card depending on whether such language was loud and public or directed at a player or spectator or Referee.
- A player receiving a Red Card must leave the game immediately, and will also be suspended for one game the following weekend. A player receiving a Yellow Card is required to sub. out for five (5) minutes (this includes goal-keepers). Captains are responsible for enforcing these rules. A player receiving three (3) Yellow Cards in a season will be suspended for one (1) game. Players receiving a Red Card or three (3) Yellow Cards will be subject to further disciplinary action, including but not limited to further suspensions or ejections from the league at the sole discretion of the Commissioner and the Captains committee.
- These Rules and Regulations may be amended at any time by the Commissioner and the Captain’s Committee.